BeaOrganized – Glitter Glue

Last week’s BeaOrganized blog featured a great storage tip for dry glitters, today we want to show you another fantastic idea involving glitter. Today’s storage tip is a great way to store glitter glue to be ready at a moment’s notice.

Attach a small magnet to the bottom of each glitter glue bottle. In a grid-like pattern attach the alternate side of the magnet to an old cookie sheet. Here’s a tip: use some masking or painter’s tape to create the grid on your cookie sheet. This way the glues will have plenty of space for you to see where each color is located. We recommend using hot glue or crazy glue to make sure that the magnets stick will to the under side of the glitter glue containers.

Grab someone handy and have them punch holes into either end of the cookie sheet, near the handles. Place ribbon through the holes and tie to the under side of a piece of furniture in your craft room (or if it is not possible to tie the tray, find a way to stabilize the tray underneath a shelf of some sort). Attach the glitter glue to each of the magnets. Voila! This fantastic storage idea for glitter glue is ready to go, and so is your glue! Thanks for reading.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

15 Comments

1. Posted September 5, 2011 at 9:12 am | Permalink

Awesome Idea !!!

2. Posted September 10, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Permalink

fantastic idea

3. Vivian
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 8:30 am | Permalink

fantastic idea! I knew there had to be another way of organizing that was not in a bag.

4. Mrs. B
    Posted November 18, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Permalink

Simple and brilliant!!! Thanks

5. Lori
    Posted December 31, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Permalink

This is the most fantastic post ever! Well, maybe not ever, but I was just thinking about how to store my Stickles the other day and now I’ve found this! Brilliant!! And thank you.

6. Posted January 1, 2012 at 1:25 pm | Permalink

Perfectly brilliant! Love it & pinning it! :o)

7. Gayla C
    Posted January 20, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Permalink

This is a great idea! I have been trying to figure out what to do with all of my bottles… I had thought about getting a thick piece of wood and drilling out holes and sticking them in upside down… but that would take work space I don’t have.

8. camber
    Posted January 23, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

I like this idea!! and will implement this in a modified form.

Because of the changes in barometric pressure it would be a good idea to “park” the bottle at a negative pressure so that when the cap is removed the glue won’t coming out.

As an added thought, I can see setting up a smaller work table rack, the size of only you can decide, with a strip of metal one container wide that would be placed in reach of your work zone

9. Posted March 27, 2012 at 12:10 am | Permalink

I love this idea and I hope it’s ok, but I am going to feature it on Quick Tip Tuesday next week on the Fantabulous Cricut blog. http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/
    I will tie the post back to your blog to see more of your fantastic ideas.

10. Posted June 21, 2012 at 11:47 am | Permalink

Love these ideas. Keep them coming.

11. Posted July 11, 2012 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

This is pure genius!!! I have seen loads of ideas for storing these type bottles, but THIS has got to be the best! I am most definitely going to be doing this! Thanks for sharing!

12. Tina- CreatedWithFire Studios
    Posted July 23, 2012 at 11:21 am | Permalink

WONDERFUL, thank you for this thought !

13. Debbie G
    Posted August 2, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

*jaw drop* Oh my gawd. What a brilliant way to organize all those little bottles of paint, dye, etc. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

14. Posted April 1, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Permalink

Can you also do this with the apple barrel craft paints 2oz bottles?Loved your idea please let me know.
    Thanks

15. Brianna @ BeaOriginal
    Posted April 11, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

I’m not sure! If you are, please come back and post about it!

6 Trackbacks

1. [...] Here’s an absolutely brilliant way to not only keep your glitter glue at your fingertips, but by storing them upside down there’s no more waiting forever for the glue to get to the tip! Pretty darn smart. See it over at BeaOriginal — BeaOrganized – Glitter Glue. [...]

2. [...] Brianna wrote a blog piece about it for paper crafters: http://wecanbeaoriginal.com/blog/2011/07/beaorganized-glitter-glue/ [...]

3. [...] glue at the ready and cleverly stored upside down on a cookie sheet. Confused? Follow this link and be [...]

4. [...] glue at the ready and cleverly stored upside down on a cookie sheet. Confused? Follow this link and be [...]

5. […] Upside-Down Paint Storage – Use magnets to store paint and glue bottles upside-down, and there’s no need to shake […]

6. […] Upside-Down Paint Storage – Use magnets to store paint and glue bottles upside-down, and there’s no need to shake […]