BeaOrganized – Fabric

This idea is by no means reinventing the wheel…but more like re-creating a smaller wheel that works on a more realistic scale for your home. Imagine a fabric store filled with bolts (that’s what the cardboard with the fabric wrapped around it is called) and bolts of fabric. Now imagine the same concept…in your home!

I found this idea on a blog called Something Old is New Again. A blog written by a woman in the process of remodeling her home. She too has devoted an entire area of her house to crafting and shares this great idea of creating mini-bolts to keep track of the fabric in your home! She wraps the fabric around cardboard cut into 6″x12″ pieces. You can secure with either a rubberband or sewing pin. This will keep the fabric nice and neat, visible when you need it, and of course nice and organized. Thanks for sharing this great idea Something Old is New Again! And thanks to you for reading today!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

7 Comments

1. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:15 am | Permalink

That does look like a great way to store fabric. Mine is in tubs & baskets. Not nearly as organized!

2. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:16 am | Permalink

Thank you for posting that blog, I need to do this today. My fabric has taken over ( I have no idea how that happened) lol

3. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:16 am | Permalink

I just did this recently. My dad built a nice old fashioned looking shelf for me and I LOVE it!!! its so easy to see everything and somewhat easy to keep neat. (as neat as I can manage)

4. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:17 am | Permalink

nice suggestion! My fabric collection is a mess, and I don’t even sew that much.

5. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:17 am | Permalink

wow, wish my sewing room looked like that! I keep organizing and then a week later it’s a mess again! I have all my fabric in cupboards piled on top of each other so I constantly am digging through to the bottom. This is a great idea!

6. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:18 am | Permalink

good idea…thanks..

7. Posted November 3, 2010 at 1:19 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for sharing this. I MUST do this.