BeaOrganized – Yarn Storage

BeaOrganized – a new blog series! One thing I am constantly ‘Google-ing’ is creative storage solutions for my craft supplies. This blog is an opportunity to share my finds and my ideas on craft storage!

I am happy to call this idea my own! After seeing a wine rack that had been reused as yarn storage, I found myself surfing the Pottery Barn website for my own rack…to my disappointment the cost came to about $400! I began scouring Craiglist but found nothing. At that point I decided to come up with my own solution.

The room I use for my craft studio is an old bedroom; like most bedrooms it has a closet. The shelves in the closet are useful, but there was some wasted space where the clothing rods are. My yarn storage solution maximizes my closet space, and only costs about $7.00.

This clear shoe organizer can be purchased from Target or Bed, Bath and Beyond (who mails out coupons frequently). The organizer is the perfect shape for skeins of yarn, even those large one-pound skeins! Plus, you have the ultimate benefit of not taking up any desk space. I hope you find this blog and this blog series helpful in your craft space. Thanks for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

7 Comments

1. Posted November 3, 2010 at 12:52 am | Permalink

That is very creative. And since it is clear, it allows you to easily pick the correct skein.

2. Posted November 3, 2010 at 12:53 am | Permalink

Very cool idea, thanks for sharing it.

3. Posted November 3, 2010 at 12:54 am | Permalink

Oh my goodness….you know I have been thinking about this now all week!! What am I going to do…about storing all this yarn…lol….Can’t stand digging thru bins anymore and not seeing right away what I have. Love the idea. I am going to do this come next week. Thank you so much for the idea and saving me a lot of money on shelving…lol…

4. Posted November 3, 2010 at 12:55 am | Permalink

Hey that’s a GREAT idea! I’m not quite to that point yet-my plastic Fred Meyer bins are doing the job fine for now-but what a great idea for maybe in a couple years. :)

5. Posted November 3, 2010 at 12:55 am | Permalink

Oh, I use shoe organizers for my yarn, too! They work great. I also found a sturdy round wine gift box at Big Lots that is perfect for storing all of my longer knitting needles.

6. Posted November 3, 2010 at 12:56 am | Permalink

<3 this idea!

7. Posted November 3, 2010 at 12:56 am | Permalink

thats a great idea, though i’d need about 10 of those! right now, yes i do use plastic tubs, but i have all my yarn separated by color which helps alot. and they are all sticking up, so I don’t have to dig for anything-it’s all right there!

One Trackback

1. [...] This clear shoe organizer can be purchased from Target or Bed , Bath and Beyond (who mails out coupons frequently). The organizer is the perfect shape for skeins of yarn, even those large one-pound skeins! Plus, you have the ultimate …Continue Reading [...]